Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Daily Bible Verse To Pray

Daily Bible Verse To Pray
Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in your sight,
Yahweh, my rock, and my redeemer.

Psalm 19:14 is a verse from the Book of Psalms in the Hebrew Bible or Old Testament. It is a prayer or expression of devotion to God, in which the speaker is asking for their words and thoughts to be pleasing or acceptable to God.

In this verse, the speaker is addressing God using several titles. "Yahweh" is one of the names of God in the Hebrew Bible, and it is often translated as "the Lord" in English. "My rock" is a metaphor for God as a source of strength and protection, while "my redeemer" refers to God as the one who saves or rescues the speaker from difficult situations.

The phrase "the words of my mouth" refers to the things that the speaker says or speaks out loud. The phrase "the meditation of my heart" refers to the speaker's thoughts or inner musings. The speaker is asking for both their words and thoughts to be acceptable to God. This is an expression of humility and a desire for God's guidance and approval in all aspects of their life, including their thoughts and speech.

Overall, Psalm 19:14 is a prayer asking God to help align our thoughts, speech and actions with His will and to be pleasing in His sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment